Clinics & Services
- Antenatal Care - appointments are included in routine doctors' surgeries, and our midwife, holds clinics on Monday mornings for your 1st ante natal booking appointment and Thursday 09:30am - 16:00pm for follow-up ante natal appointments.
- Blood Pressure - Getting a blood pressure test you can book with a health care assistant to have your blood pressure checked or we have a machine in reception that measures your height, weight and blood pressure or in some circumstances your GP may ask you to monitor your blood pressure at home, you can either pick up a home monitoring form from reception or down load it from here 7 Day Home Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cervical Screening - carried out as part of the NHS Cervical Screening Programme. for more information go to http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/cervical/
- Child Immunisation- as part of the national programme.
- Contraception - all doctors and practice nurses are available to provide contraceptive advice during normal surgery hours.
- Diabetes Care - we have dedicated clinics for the care of our diabetic patients
- Flu-Vaccination - undertaken every autumn/winter.
- Minor Operations - the doctors perform minor surgery to deal with conditions such as small lumps, cysts, moles etc. All operations are carried out in a suitably equipped treatment room.
- Quit smoking - ready to quit smoking? We can give advice and supervise drug treatment to support this worthwhile task. Ask about our Smoking Cessation Clinics!
- Respiratory Care - we have dedicated clinics for patients that suffer from Asthma/COPD. For more information on inhaler techniques follow this link Inhaler Techniques
- Tests - we carry out or arrange blood tests, urine tests, X-rays, UltraSounds and other tests and are able to discuss the results with you and take further action as necessary.
- Travel Health - we offer help with travel immunisation and health protection abroad.
- Urine Testing - If you suspect you have a urine infection you can drop a sample in to the surgery and complete a short questionnaire regarding your symptoms at the front desk and one of our nurses/HCAs will test it during the day and if a prescription is required a GP will do this for you for collection later in the day. For the sample to be processed correctly you MUST complete the questionnaire and ensure you have put your name and date of birth on the sample. Urine testing hours are: Monday - Thursday 8am - 3pm and Friday 8am - 12 pm. However urine for Micro albumin can be dropped in any time up to 12 on a Friday.
- Warfarin Monitoring - we supervise treatment with warfarin and other anticoagulants. You can have your blood taken at the surgery and receive resulting dosage instructions from the surgery.
Please note that this list of service descriptions is growing (in number and depth of detail) and far from complete.